Monday, April 2, 2012

MUFFINS to die for

You don't need to be gluten intolerant for this recipe.  Anyone can eat these because they are seriously....to die for.  Instead of using flour for this recipe, you would use "almond flour" which is actually ground up almonds.  A little pricey for the flour but sooooo worth it.  I love muffins (who doesn't?) and this is by far, probably the best muffin I've tasted.  Extremely moist and very nutritious.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do (and everyone who's tasted them :)


ALMOND FLOUR MUFFINS

3 cups zuchini grated 
1/2 cup blueberries or blackberries
3 eggs
3 cups almond flour
1/3 cup melted butter (I used apple sauce or coconut oil)
1/2 cup of honey 
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

(I use carrots, zuchini, beets instead of just zuchini 
you can choose your amounts up to 3 cups)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 
Grate veges and put aside
In seperate bowl, whisk eggs, butter (or oil or applesauce) and honey. 
Put grated veges and fruit into egg mixture and mix well.
In another seperate bowl, put in nut flour, spices, baking soda and salt.  Mix well.
Put all together and mix but do not over-mix.
Put into greased muffin pan or use muffin/cupcake cups (paper ones)

I've discovered that the cupcake paper cups are best and wait till muffins are cooled.  They peel off alot better this way.  


* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
 

 ENJOY!!!



Can you think of anything better than a warm, freshly baked muffin with a 
yummy cup of java? (or tea if you're the "tea totalling" kind)
 



5 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy....love this recipe..will make it at my cabin this weekend...but you did not say what temp or for how long...i guessed at 325 for about 15-20 min

    this is janice doerksen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janice. And duhhhh to me for not putting the most important information in. I do 400 degrees about 20-30 mins depending on size of muffin.

      Delete
  2. What do you prefer-apple sauce or coconut oil in place of butter? And have you tried sweetener alternatives, like xylitol?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I prefer the applesauce in place of butter. I've used bran oil and coconut oil when I'm out of applesauce. I think I like the taste better without the oil. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks, going to make right now!!

      Delete